Modern technology, rewarding work, a great environment, ample time off, and making a difference – that’s what Ternion is all about!
We know that happy employees are critical to a company’s success and longevity. That’s why we provide a great place to work and offer some of the most competitive salaries and benefits in Huntsville. You’ll love working for Ternion.
What Ternion Employees Have to Say
“Ternion really cares about their employees and the lives of each person that works here.”
“Ternion gives entry-level folks an opportunity to gain experience. It’s been a very rewarding job in that respect.”
“Co-workers and management have a positive attitude, and when you do a good job, it is noticed.”
“Everyone here is hard-working and takes pride in their jobs.”
“At Ternion, you often get to work on multiple projects simultaneously, giving you a better variety of experience and a wider knowledge base.”
“The flexible schedule allows you to plan ahead and be able to do things that you simply could not do at any other job.”
“No cubicles – everyone is in an office.”
Junior Software Engineer
Job Description: Ternion Corporation develops some of the most advanced simulations in the world using its flagship product FLAMES. FLAMES is a commercial simulation framework that can be used to develop numerous different types of simulations. The Ternion team is currently looking for talented software developers seeking challenging and rewarding employment. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dedicated and fun team in a friendly office with flexible work schedules; 100% paid employee health, dental, life, and disability insurance; and paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Develop advanced simulations of complex military and commercial systems that will be used for training, testing and analysis
- Work with some of the latest software, graphics, and networking technologies
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, or other engineering discipline with exposure to programming
- Experience with C, C++, and/or C# on Windows and/or Linux
- Working knowledge of Integrated Development Environments such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and methodologies
- Web development and SQL knowledge helpful
- Some system administration experience essential
- Experience with military simulation software desirable
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to receive a security clearance
Experience: 0-3 years
IT Specialist/Technician (Part Time)
Job Description: Ternion Corporation develops some of the most advanced simulations in the world using its flagship product FLAMES. Ternion is currently looking for a part time IT Specialist/Technician that will support a variety of IT functions to include hardware and software setup and support; network maintenance, security, and optimization; and user support. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dedicated and fun team in a friendly office with a flexible work schedule. This is a part time position averaging 16 hours/week. Some portion of the expected tasking may be performed off-site.
- Setup, maintain, and monitor corporate domains and computers
- Monitor and maintain local networks
- Schedule and oversee corporate backups
- Sustain security for corporate assets
- Recommend, organize, perform and schedule upgrades and maintenance
- Perform troubleshooting, diagnose, and resolve problems
- Maintain records and logs for maintenance, upgrades, and licenses
- Monitor and maintain corporate software licenses
- Excellent communication ability
- Time management skills
- Diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Windows and Linux experience
- Proven experience as IT specialist/Technician is a plus
- IT certification is a plus
- US citizenship
Why Work at Ternion?
- Great company culture
Enjoy a work environment that allows you to enjoy your job and be your best.
- Challenging and rewarding work
Be expected to do great things with modern technology.
- Flex-time scheduling
Adjust your work schedule to fit in appointments, run errands, or attend special events.
- No mandatory overtime
Work to live, don’t live to work.
- 100% paid employee health, dental, life, and disability insurance
Have more money to save and to spend.
- Fun company events
Get to know co-workers during company social events.
To be considered as a candidate for any of our job openings, please email all of the following to email@example.com:
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in Ternion and why you think you have what it takes to be part of our team
- Your salary history and/or expectations
- Your up-to-date résumé that includes a description of your education and work experience
Ternion considers all applications confidential. We will not contact your current employer unless you provide written consent.
If you need more information about particular job openings or the application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or (256) 881-9933.
Ternion Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All candidates must be able to receive U.S. Department of Defense security clearance.