FLAMES Version 4.3 Offers Enhanced Speed and Flexibility for FLAMES Users
Huntsville, AL – June 29, 2001 – Ternion Corporation today announced the general release of FLAMES Version 4.3. This release is representative of Ternion Corporation’s commitment to excellence in providing commercially available, computer-based simulation products and services.
A new pricing structure for many of the FLAMES runtime products was also unveiled, with Ternion decreasing the price of many of the FLAMES runtime products. By providing users with runtime licenses for roughly half the cost of their 4.2 counterparts, Ternion is enabling these customers to put FLAMES on multiple computers within their organization.
FLAMES Version 4.3 Enhancements include:
- Faster Scenario Configuration. Users will enjoy a dramatic reduction in the time required to configure a scenario in FORGE, the FLAMES application used to create and edit FLAMES scenarios. With large scenarios, the configuration time can run as much as 100 times faster.
- Flexibility Added to Client Applications. Enhancements to the Interactive Client Option allow client applications to establish attachments to more than one Unit (a fundamental entity) in a scenario. This is useful to client applications that want to control the cognitive behavior or process messages for multiple Units at the same time.
- Hardware Dongle Increases Ease of Use. On Personal Computers, FLAMES license files may be locked to a “hardware dongle” rather than to a specific machine. This gives users greater flexibility in running FLAMES.
- Display Preferences Enhancement. The Display Preferences window now enables users to select Airspace objects to be displayed by the class of the objects. This capability can be used in both FORGE and FLASH, the FLAMES application used to view a scenario during or after its execution.
- Side View Profile Enhancement. When using FORGE to create or edit scenarios, the Side View Profile now enables users to select as a Unit the Start Point or End Point of the terrain display. This enhancement greatly increases the usability of this tool.
- New Example Applications. Licensed users of the Kernel Development product will enjoy this delivery of several new example applications, including a database importer and an application that can write FLAMES Playback files.
FLexible Analysis and Mission Effectiveness System (FLAMESTM) is a family of computer software products that provides a framework for behavioral simulations – computer programs that simulate the physical and cognitive behavior of complex entities that act and interact in time and space. FLAMES is the only commercially available simulation framework that provides open-architecture support specifically for behavioral simulations and that addresses all aspects of behavioral simulation development and use.
About Ternion Corporation
Since 1989, Ternion Corporation has focused on satisfying the growing requirements for military system and behavioral simulation by providing quality commercial simulation products and custom simulation development services. Ternion’s flagship product is FLAMES, the FLexible Analysis and Mission Effectiveness System, which is used successfully by government and commercial organizations worldwide. FLAMES is a family of computer software products that provides a mature simulation and modeling framework for behavioral simulations – computer programs that simulate the physical and cognitive behavior of complex entities that act and interact in time and space.