Huntsville, AL – August 5th, 2016 – Ternion® Corporation is pleased to announce the release of FAST™, version 2.0. This new version includes many graphical user interface (GUI) enhancements, making FAST more powerful and easier to use.
FAST 2.0 Enhancements
– GUI enhancements have dramatically improved operator-initiated Command and Control (C2) of simulated Units. Injecting complex mission commands (orders) require fewer mouse clicks or keyboard strokes, reducing the effort involved for exercise operators.
– Air-to-surface munitions are now able to track and engage a moving ground target, improving air interdiction modeling.
– The enhanced Unit Monitor window provides better situational awareness, including additional kinematic data, Execution Status (ESTAT), weapon load-out, and Identification Friend or Foe (IFF).
– Most land-based platforms are now displayed using MIL-STD 2525C common warfighting symbology, thus increasing the effectiveness of the scenario display.
– The ATO/ACO import capability now supports USMTF 2006 formatted messages. The user interface allows operators to choose from USMTF 2000, 2004, and 2006 formats.
– New general purpose commands better support Unit command-and-control during scenario execution. Operators can now input more information for air mission commands, resulting in even more realism. Real-time, platform-specific fuel usage data is now shown in the Unit Monitor window. “Top-Off” and “Refuel” commands provide higher fidelity refueling process modeling.
– New Air, Land, and Sea Status windows allow operators to quickly view Unit information by operational domain. Each window includes filtering capabilities that maximize the operator’s ability to acquire specific scenario information.
FAST customers with active software maintenance can receive version 2.0 upon request at no additional cost. Please contact customer support to make your request.
Click here for instructions on how to request a no-cost evaluation copy of FAST.